“Evermind Ministries exists to keep God’s Word at the center of the human experience by teaching it, reminding of it, and applying it to life.”
Aaron M. Brewster – Founder
Truth in Media
Enjoy unique content across your social platforms.
Follow our blog for practical applications of God’s Truth in dollops larger than 140 characters. Our founder, AMBrewster is the main contributor, but we’re currently accepting submissions from interested authors. You may send your article to Staff@EvermindMinistries.com.
Truth on Stage
Are you interested in having a speaker preach to your congregation, hold a family seminar, challenge your campers, attend your conference, speak to your students, or train your staff?
AMBrewster has spoken in a number of churches, schools, teachers’ conferences, and camps across the country. He speaks on a wide range of topics that all have God’s Truth as the central theme.
Please contact us at Staff@EvermindMinistries.com for more information.
Truth for You
Are you or someone you love in need of specialized counsel? There are many ways we can help:
- “Ask the Counselor” puts you in contact with one of our staff via email.
- If in the process of conversing over email, you feel it would be beneficial to contact a counselor by phone, our staff can make that connection for you.
- Depending on where you live, we may also be able to set up a one-time or repeating counseling schedule for you or your family.
What Does Evermind Mean?
If you Google the word evermind you will find links for bands, web designers, and organizations. You will also find that Merriam-Webster says it’s not a word. Hmmm.
But Evermind Ministries is a Bible-based organization with a very well-defined purpose.
In the late 90’s Aaron Brewster came up with the word evermind to mean the exact opposite of never mind. It means simply “to continually keep at the forefront of one’s mind, and to make the center of one’s thoughts and motivations.”
We chose to use this word for our Ministry because we’ve found that God’s truth is frequently the last thing on people’s mind when they’re in line for coffee, navigating a mine field of bad drivers, in the throws of a child’s tantrum, or when they’re typing empty words into a business memo. But the divine reality is that God’s truth should not only always be in view, it should be the reason we’re standing in line for coffee or handling a child’s tantrum.
I Peter 1:3, “Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.”
Everything I need for life can only be found in the true knowledge of God. That true knowledge can only be found in the Scriptures. We must evermind God’s Word.
Our Mission Statement is simple:
Evermind Ministries exists to keep God’s Word at the center of the human experience by teaching it, reminding of it, and applying it to life.
1. Teaching – Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations . . . teaching them to observe all that I commanded you.” Teaching includes any time someone hears God truth for the first time. This can be a gospel presentation, or when someone learns something new about God they didn’t previously know. It is one of our foundational tenants that God’s truth can only be learned from His Word, the Bible.
2. Reminding – The doctrine of Remembrance is fleshed out in the entirety of Scripture. Most of us don’t struggle with biblical ignorance so much as we simply forget what we know. James 1:23-24 “For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. ” We have God’s truth in His perfect mirror, but then we forget what we saw there! We all need daily reminders about what we have learned.
3. Applying – When we apply sunscreen, do we leave the lotion in the bottle? Do we pour it on the ground? Of course, not! We spread it directly where it’s needed. The application of God’s truth is something that is daily ignored in our Christian culture. We memorize verses about loving God. We tell people from the pulpit that they need to love God. But many Christians wonder, “How do I love God? What does that actually mean? Is loving God any different than what I’m already doing?” Teaching and reminding people of God’s truth is fruitless if we do not intentionally apply it to life.
How Does Evermind Fulfill It’s Mission?
We are tackling our three-pronged mission with a three-pronged communication approach.
1. Social Media – We start with informal relationships lived through our fingers. We have a presence on Facebook at Evermind Ministries. There are two wonderful options for you Twitter users: follow us @EvermindTruth and you can follow our founder, Aaron M. Brewster @AMBrewster. You can like us on Instagram at Evermind.Ministries, and you’ve obviously found our blog, Taking Back the Bible. We hope to continue growing our internet presence across various platforms with unique articles, links, and videos on each one. Our goal is not our own popularity, instead we desire to do this because our day and age has afforded us, like no other, the opportunity to reach people we otherwise would never have met. We can simultaneously teach, remind, and apply the Bible to millions of people in hundreds of countries! We would ask that you strongly consider following us online and sharing anything we post that’s a blessing to you. It’s so easy to share God’s Word with the simple click of a “share” button!
2. Speaking – God’s truth was meant to be spoken. Conference speaking allows us to take the relationship started with out fingers and give a face and voice to it while we share God’s glorious revelation with larger groups. Time allowing, we would love to participate in your conferences, special meetings, services, chapels, and programs. Over the past ten years we’ve ministered in churches, schools, camps, mission boards, universities, boarding homes, academic associations, and Christian media companies. We count every opportunity to teach, remind, and apply a blessing from God. If we can partner with your ministry, please contact us at Staff@EvermindMinistries.com.
3. Counseling – But the most intimate relationship two (unmarried) people can have is the one-on-one ministry of counseling. We view our counseling program not simply as advice or clinical therapy; counseling for us is a dynamic, life-on-life, intentional discipleship process that utilizes the Word of God to find the answers we need for life and godliness. It’s iron-on-iron, one-another ministry. Though we are delighted to offer biblical advice and give counsel via social media, email, Skype, etc., our counseling ministry is primarily a local ministry to the people geographically near us. As more people join Evermind Ministries, we will be able to biblically counsel more people in more places. Until then, we’d be happy to point you to our Counseling Partners, biblical counselors in your area who can do for you exactly what we would do. Feel free to reach out to us at Counselor@EvermindMinistries.com.
How Can You Help Evermind Fulfill Its Mission?
Please strongly consider doing one or all of the following:
1. Pray – Petition God that He grants us the grace and wisdom we need to share His truth in His way for His reasons.
2. Share– Like us, follow us, and share us on social media. The more people we can reach with the answers to life and godliness, the better!
3. Invite – We know there are a lot of godly resources available out there, but we would love to partner with your family, group, class, ministry, or program. We have a driving passion to share with the broader body of Christ what He is daily showing us!
4. Volunteer – The Evermind Staff is an ever-growing group of volunteers who cherish and adore God above all else. Together they strive to help Evermind Ministries accomplish it’s three-fold mission to teach, remind, and apply all that is God’s truth. If you’d like to volunteer, please reach out to us at Staff@EvermindMinistries.com.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us!